Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fun family outing turned crime scene

When our evening suddenly opened up we decided we would go for a bike ride as a family. The kids were excited and we thought it would be fun to ride on the jordan river parkway so the kids could see the ducks and stop at a park for a break. If we rode our bikes to the parkway we would have had to take the bike trailer on the street something we were not all that comfortable with so we packed up and drove to a parking lot along side the trail. We saw an older man riding a BMX bike in the parking lot and even though I felt a little funny about it I didn't say anything to Tyler. Turns out he felt funny about it too and with good reason, when we returned from our ride our passenger side window was busted out all of our compartments were opened but nothing was taken. We didn't have anything to take really, the car had just been cleaned out because my dad drove it to girls camp for his ward and I didn't want any of my things getting in his way. All I could do was take a deep breath and hope Karma catches up with whom ever did this old guy on the BMX or not. We called the police just to get a case number so it would be easier to make a claim with the insurance, the officer that showed up was really nice. I know there was nothing he could do and they will never catch them and I am sure that was the last place he wanted to be but he was patient and helped us fill out a report and gave my kids some jr officer stickers that they loved. Our night as a family was still fun but I have an uneasy sick feeling in my stomach and I am not sure when it will go away.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

It honestly will never go away. It sucks to have something like that happen! It makes you more aware! I am sorry this happened to you!