Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

fun 4th weekend






We stayed home this year for the 4th. Camping just seemed like too much work. It was still fun, just different. The kids got to attend their first parade and seemed to enjoy it. Especially the candy that was thrown, every float or car that went by Ben would wave his arms and say "over here, over here" I think he got the hang of it. Although I think Kendall ended up with just as much candy sitting on the sidelines. People would see her with out any and they would walk over and hand her a handful. Maybe she really had it figured out, she didn't even have to work for hers..
Ben's ultimate favorite was seeing all the different cars that drove by. He loved, loved, loved the line of corvettes because they all had the same round tail lights (that is how he decides if he likes a car, by its tail lights). Kendall would only stand up to wave to the "princesses" on the floats or to dance when the cheerleaders would come by. If we stay home next year I think we will go back again. We were all pretty lazy the rest of the day, it was nice. Burgers on the bar-b-q for dinner, fireworks on the driveway (Kendall was a little scared of the sparklers), popping snaps on Scott's bare back (ouch) laying on a blanket in the backyard watching the kids play with uncle Scott and a bunch of glow sticks waiting for the big show at the park across the street to start was the way we spent our evening


We were lucky enought to have Scott and Anita stay with us for the week. Scott is working here in Utah now and Anita is still finishing up with school and will be moving out here in August. The kids love them to death... if I cannot find them anywhere in the house all I need to do is find Scott. We played with Anita when Scott was working mostly shopping and catching up ya know girl stuff but we did take a few breaks to have fun with the kids.

Dropping Anita off at the airport was heartbreaking for Kendall she cried almost the whole way home until she fell asleep. I didn't cry because I knew she would be back.

2 comments:

Hfoutz said...

sounds like a lot of fun, wish we could have been there! Great pictures!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a nice and relaxed holiday. Those are the best kind!