I couldn't be more upset about this, all I was doing was transferring pictures from my memory card to my SIL computer and it went haywire and deleted 100 pictures for no reason. And it is not like it was the pictures from the week we had just spent with family who all had their own cameras and I was trying to share mine so we could decide who had to best pictures. NO! it was all the pictures before that week the ones of our whole summer ya know the ones that I should have been downloading so I could update my blog already but I have just been too lazy to do. I guess I will take that as a sign that I should stop being such a slacker. Now that is off my chest on with the trip. PORTLAND The first night we spent in Portland was girls night out, I don't really get to spend to much time with just my SIL's and I miss hanging out with them so we planned a night for just us First we went dancing at some clubs in downtown Portland. It was great to let loose and just have fun. Our group of girls got a lot of attention because we were the only group that had two very pregnant chicks. Most people thought it was funny and some even took pictures but a few people were rude (mostly girls) I guess the reason that most everyone else was there (meat market) didn't make much sense to them why the knocked up ones were there and getting a lot of attention. You cannot even see the cute prego bellies in the photo!! On the way home we stopped at a cool doughnut shop voodoo doughnuts and bought some sweets then we had to run in our heals to catch the train. We missed the last run of the night by seconds and had to take a cab, what a rip off. Oh well at least we didn't have to walk in those shoes anymore. CAMPING We camped on the coast and the kids had so much fun riding their bikes around "all over everywhere" as Ben put it. Kendall had more fun making other people take her for rides I think.
We spent a whole day at Seaside a city on the coast and the kids got to play on the beach and in the waves a little bit. Kendall is such a beach baby she threw the biggest fit when we had to go it was almost heart breaking
Our campsite was close to some trails so we all went for a bike ride to see a wrecked ship and an old Fort that was suppose to used in WWII.
On the way to visit Tyler's mother we all stopped at the Cheese factory to get some squeaky cheese.
SOUTHERN OREGON The rest of the week was spent hanging out by the pool, eating great food and more pool time because it was so hot. We did take the rafts down the river one day.
I was worried that the kids would be scared but they really liked it. Enough to make it a family tradition to run the river when we get together every summer. Ben was not so sure of the tahitis at first but he saw Kendall and his cousin Natalie taking turns riding with people that when he finally got in with his YaYa he didn't want to get out until the end.
In fact Ben liked it so much he spent the rest of the night in the pool paddling back and forth. Something I would have never guessed that he would like, but my kids surprise me more and more everyday.
15 hours ago




1 comments:
It has been fun reading about your summer. How fun to have family out of Utah that you can go visit and get away from the routine for a couple of days. Hope we can get together soon again to have our kids play together.
Post a Comment