Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 25, 2008

some inspirational words...set to music

Last night my stake had a fireside with Sister Janice Kapp Perry. It was awesome. My mother got to come with me too, I think it is nice when I get to invite my mom to do stuff like that with me. It will be nice I think when my daughter is old enough to really hang out with. Sister Perry is such a family oriented down to earth woman but she is so inspired by the things she says and writes. A line from one of the songs that she preformed really stuck with me. "I can live so all the world will notice a little bit of Jesus in me." Now I am not sure I live like that everyday but it is something to work towards. She talked a lot about talents last night and I really felt like some of the things she said were just for me.
Don't let your fears hold you back - I am always afraid of failing before I start.

Talents give us a focus in life, find a new talent. choose something today or you will forget.- Something I have decided to work on, well OK I don't really have a choice, is teaching. With my new calling in the Young Women's I will be teaching almost every week. Sorry to the girls that get to be my guinea pigs. But I will be trying to improve as much as I can.

Fell the fear and do it anyway- Not much of a choice there but I think the fear will keep my humble

Show gratitude for your gifts- sounds easy enough right, but this is where I struggle the most in life. I am not sure that I am not grateful for the things that I am able to do I just feel like I don't do them well enough and I get down on myself for not doing them well enough and that is not showing gratitude.
One of the last things she said that really hit me was

Let your little ones see how you handle daily challenges. Wow now that is a challenge. My son has been especially bad lately and me getting mad and yelling at him is not teaching him the correct way to handle daily challenges. I need to try my hardest to be a better example and think about things before I react. Most of the time it is just kids being kids.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

How cool! I love to be reminded/uplifted like that! Good luck in your new calling. You know that me and my 2 sisters are all in the YW in our wards? It must run in our blood.

Yadira said...

Sue, wehad this sister come to our Women's conference last year but I wasn't able to go. I missed out on a great experience. How cool you could go too. I also teach in YW, I teach the Beehives. If you need any tips let me know. I have a website address that has handouts and ideas on the lessons. Let me know

Love Yad.