Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ben's 1st day of Pre-School



Yesterday was Ben's official first day of school. He was so excited that he could hardly stand it and he got very upset that we were not going until after we had gone to the gym (he has the afternoon session from 11:30-1:30). When we got there he couldn't hold still long enough to get his seat belt off and I was trying to find my camera. I got out of the car and saw Carter a little boy that Ben has played with a few times because he is one of his playmates cousins. I said hi to Carter and as soon as Ben heard his name he jumped out of the car took Carters hand ( Carter was already holding hands with the teacher) and said "Bye Mom". I thought I was going to cry but I didn't have time because they were already walking away so all I could say was can I get a picture first? So he stopped and smiled as big as he could for the mild inconvenience I had caused him. I got one shot and he was gone. I suppose it is nice to know I have raised such an independent child, well at least one of them...because when I got back into the car I was welcomed by huge tears.
Now I am not sure if she wanted to go with him or just hated to see him go. Most likely I want to say she really missed him because when we pulled up to the school a little early to pick him up and Ben was not out of class yet she was very worried that we would not find him and when she saw him walk out the door she started cheering. How cute! Ben ran inside so fast that I didn't get a photo of just him with his backpack so after I picked him up I tried again.
This time he was a little more calm so he let me take a picture but I couldn't see it because of the light outside so I told him I needed to take one more and he said "okay but I need Kendall to be in this one with me" Oh! How cute! Today was a good day

4 comments:

Jenny said...

So cute!!-- the kids are getting so big - it looks like the camping trip was a hit! -- Except - maybe you shouldn't call it camping with no tent involved, just 'comfortable' outdoor living :)

Yadira said...

Don't you just love those days where they are so loving towards each other? I do.

lisa winnett said...

They are so cute. That is great that he is so independent. And how worried his sister was is priceless!

zeebee said...

Those are such adorable momments, aren't you so glad you have a place to record them?
I hope Ben's year of preschool is awesome! I miss you, we need to get together...oh, I'm glad you had a better experience at the dino museum!