We decided that we should go camping for labor day just the four of us. This whole summer we have not had a camping trip by ourselves. At first I was worried that we would not be able to intertain the kids without family to help but what was I really scared of because it is something I do everyday. After talking we decide to drive up to Bear Lake. The weather was not suppose to be that nice but Tyler and I had not been there sense we were kids and if no one else was going with us we were going to go somewhere that we wouldn't normally. I think we found our new favorite vacation spot in Utah. The weather was surpisingly nice and we spent the entire day at the beach. It was a real beach too, not like the rocky shores of Echo. The kids love Love LOVED it.
Kendall was in the water the whole time and Ben was having fun looking for seashells. He wanted to bring some home but the only thing I had to put them in was a rasin box, it was so cute watching him pick the ones he liked best to put in his box.They were beat when we finally left. The wind was starting to blow the storm in that was suppose to be there earlier. Even Kendall did not protest too much when we put her in the car because she was getting sand in her eyes. They fell asleep on the way back to the trailer and got some much neede sleep. When they woke up we all went for a tradional Bear Lake rasberry shake. Yum Yum.
The next day was sunday and we got ready and went to church. It was a very interesting meeting because it was all visitors I think only the speakers were people who lived in the area. When we got back from church Tyler took the kids for a bike ride and I took a nap. A much needed nap. When the bike ride was over we started to make dinner and that is when the wind started to pick up and it blew the flame out on our outdoor stove. Three cheers for trailers with kitchens inside, yeah, yeah, yeah! And when dinner was done it started to rain the kids wanted to go outside so bad but we brought our DVD players from the car into the trailer and kept them intertained with movie and puzzles until it was time to go to bed. Three cheers for trailers in campsites with hookups. Yeah, yeah, yeah! It was still raining in the morning so we just packed up and went home. But this will hopefuly not be the end of our camping adventures this year we will just have to go a little further south.
15 hours ago




1 comments:
That's great you got to go camping just the 4 of you. It's good to have family but their are alot of distractions and its better to have quality time with your husband and kids.
Post a Comment