Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Celebrate!

My nephew is turning eight. I got to take him shopping for his present some pants and a shirt (I know boring stuff he needed for school but his birthday is in September I am not sure there is any way around that)and then we went out for ice cream. Bubble Gum ice cream in a waffle cone with gummy bears, yum yum! It is amazing to me how fast he has grown it does not feel like eight years. He is the oldest and is constantly being asked to help with all the little kids. I thought it would be nice to get him out of the house and away from the kids for some one on one time. Before I got married I would spend at least an hour once a week visiting with my sister and playing with him. He was my favorite little baby. obviously his favorite status might not be the same because I have my own kids to play favorites with but he still holds a special place in my heart. Our outing was fun and I was worried that he would think that spending time with me was boring until he asked if we could do it again next year but next time he would like a toy. Yeah I still get to be the fun aunt (thanks to my sister to watching my kids so I could play with hers) I still want to be the fun aunt it just gets harder with my own kids trying to be the fun mom. There is only so much I can do. A day of shopping and eating once a year I think I can handle that.

0 comments: