This weekend was an extra special one. First Tyler's mom came to visit from Oregon. The kids can hardly control themselves when they know their Ya-Ya is coming so I never tell them until she is almost here. Then we got to take our Ya-Ya camping in Moab. It was nice to go down south and get away from the rain up in Salt Lake. Even if it was just for one day because the rain followed us down there on Saturday. We got to Slick Rock on Thursday night just in time to find a camp site go for a short flashlight hike and go to bed. The next day was full of adventures! The kids and Ya-Ya went exploring and hiked up a small hill next to our camp site and left dad to make breakfast (I was sleeping in, Thanks dear!) Ben came back and proudly declared that he had named the hill Black Bug Mountain. There were a lot of BIG black beetles everywhere. I don't remember that about Moab but it has been almost eight years since the last time I was there. After breakfast we got in our car (no not a car our Bwack Sububan, as Kendall would say)and took a trip to Arches National Park. We spent the day hiking around and enjoying the perfect weather. On a side note we got some great pictures that I cannot post because my camera or memory card or both are acting up. I don't want to mess with it right now so I can have a professional look at it. The day was getting late and we went back to the trailer. Lucky us our campsite was next to a Jeep trail head and Ben was having fun watching the Jeeps and the 4-wheelers (4-rollers Ben called them) start up the trail. It was a popular trail when we were trying to eat dinner and Ben was to excited to eat. Kendall asked Daddy for a fire because Mr. Sun was going to bed and we need to have smores. We roasted Marshmallows and Ben and Ya-Ya took turns telling stories. That was Oh so cute, Ben's story would always be about the same thing that Ya-ya had just talked about. Time for bed and the storm started, funny I don't remember it raining so much since the last time we went camping.
15 hours ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment