Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 31, 2008

The week of Halloween

We had something everyday this week that required a costume and this week is such a blur that I cannot remember why we even put our costumes on Monday. Isn't that awful?! But this is what they looked like before we walked out the door.




Tuesday was a costume Birthday Party for Ben's friend Luke and how cute is this Luke was Buzz Light year.
Buzz and Woody

Wednesday Ben had is Halloween party at school and Kendall was mad that she didn't get to wear her costume this day. I only wish she had that enthusiasm at the end of the week.(Thanks for taking pictures Liz)

Thursday was trick or treat for story time at the library. I didn't take my camera I figured I had enough of them in their costumes already and we still had one more day to go.
Friday Halloween!! Kendall woke up this morning and asked to we get to go trick or treating today. I told her yes but not until it got dark and she was a little disappointed but she put on her costume reluctantly. First we went to visit my Grandfather and Uncle James with my sister and her kids so they could see how cute they were. It is always great to see them. The kids are always a little shy at first but when it is time to go they want to stay. It might have something to do with all the treats Grandpa pulls out when they come by but I like to think they just like hanging out with him.

Next off to see the other grandparents, more treats and more pictures! Kendall had about had it by now the cookies grandma made and the treats they had ready for them were the only thing that saved us there. We had to cut our visit short because it was almost lunch time and Kendall needed an early nap so we could get out on the streets before it got to dark.
They all had to hold their treats for the photo

Kendall went down for a nap and woke up on the wrong side of the crib. She would not put her costume on and she did not believe me when I told her we were going trick-or-treating. Well why would she? She had worn her costume all week and still not had a real chance to collect candy in her pumpkin. We left for our Halloween party with family Kendall in tow with no costume on. Tyler handed her a cell phone and told her for her costume she could be a teenager that didn't do anything her parents asked. Not really much of a stretch at the moment.
The party was great my Uncle and Aunt made hot dogs, root beer and cotton candy as their Halloween "treat" and feed all the trick or treater's. Such a wonderful idea. Kendall started having fun and noticed all the other kids in their costumes so after some convincing she finally put her costume on for the purpose it was intended.!
Next year only one Halloween activity before Halloween. It all worked out and they got to go trick or treating on our street with their little friend Madeline (dressed as the cutest rollypolly bug) and they had a blast. They didn't want to stop so we drove to my parents house just to say Hi. It was a perfect end to a crazy week. oh wait we still have the weekend

1 comments:

Hfoutz said...

Oh my goodness they are so cute...and I LOVE your costume too! Sometimes I can't get over what a little "lady" Kendall looks like, you guys are sure in for it with those two come their teens!