Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day Weekend

I was able to spend time with my Mom and my MIL this weekend it was great. On Saturday we had a dinner for my mom but before that I got to help but the finishing touches on her Birthday present. Liz Ward came and decorated her living room, it was a birthday present but she took her time calling Liz. When Liz saw how much she liked mirrors she thought it would be cool to do a wall of mirrors instead of picture frames but when my mom gave her the budget she was worried she wouldn't be able to do it. My mother is a hard one to shop for so When an opportunity like that falls in your lap you cannot pass it up so my sisters and I bought her mirrors. It turned out so neat. You should check it out on Elizabeth's blog.

My MIL and SIL Crystal arrived late Saturday night. Mothers Day morning Tyler surprised me with tickets for a concert later this summer. I am very excited that we have a date coming up in Aug. We all went to church on Sunday Kendall and Natalie (Crystals girl) wore their cute little geisha dresses that my MIL brought back from China.


On a side note this Sunday was my first Sunday teaching the Mia Maids it went okay, I get so nervous and excited about things sometime that I forget to take a breath when I am talking so I end up talking faster than normal. So the lesson was done in record time but I think it was a good learning experience for me and I had time to chat with the girls and get to know them better. I am more and more excited about this calling everyday. That afternoon Tyler's grandparents and his aunt Wendy came down from Brigham City for dinner. We all got to talk to my SIL Angie when she called from China it was nice to hear her voice again. At first it was kind of funny talking to her I couldn't think of anything to really say, but it didn't take long before I was talking her ear off I am sure mostly about the kids. Tyler's family stayed until late just hanging out, it is nice marrying into a family that likes to spend so much time together and that I like to spend time with. It was a nice relaxing Mothers Day.

1 comments:

zeebee said...

What a fun weekend, I can't wait to see your mom's living room, the pictures are not up yet, will you tell me when your next enrichment night with her is? I want to go!
I love the dresses from china!!!
They both look so cute!