Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 12, 2008

My very bad day

we tried to have pictures taken with all three of the grand kids today so we could send some home with my MIL. it was not happening, I think Kendall could sense that her "yaya" (grandma) was leaving so if she could not see her she was screaming and if "yaya" was not holding her then she was crying. Ben was the only one who was cooperating and we got some nice photos of him but neither one of the girls would sit in front of the backdrop let alone smile for the camera. I thought I was going to loose my mind. It is a good thing Kendall had her 'yaya' because she would have been in a serious time out all day, lets put that another way I would have been in time out so I didn't hurt her. Lesson learned we cannot do pictures with Grandma around because they cannot be taken away from her for one moment. After our picture attempt we stopped by Tyler's office to take him to lunch. Now I don't know if all girls are alike but when Kendall has something happen that she doesn't like it effects her mood for the entire day, so the rest of the day was about the same. She would not let me touch her and all during lunch she only wanted Tyler to hold her. When we got home she took a nap and woke up in a better mood but I was still a little awnry with her. Grandma pulled out some piggy banks that my SIL Heather sent with her for the kids to decorate
and Kendall started acting more like herself and that made me happy. The piggy banks and a total mess but the kids had fun.
They love to do craft projects like that but I don't do them often enough because I don't like to clean up the mess. Selfish I know. It is always nice when someone is there to help entertain and then I don't mind the clean up so much. After dinner was time for 'yaya' to leave was such a heart breaker. I will not even pretend to understand what she is going through as she pulls out of the driveway because I am there to comfort the kids as she is leaving and it breaks my heart. She is the best! And it is nice to know how much my kids love her even if they don't express it in the most convenient manner. So even though it was a bad day for me it was probably worse for my kids and their grandma something I need to remember next time they are crying because they want to spend more time with her.

1 comments:

zeebee said...

What a heartbreaker to leave grandma--how wonderful that they love her so much! And I am the same way about craft projects, I wish I did more with my kids but they are so messy!